Scan To Email Using Xerox Versalink
Using Xerox VersaLink To Perform “scan To Email”
Initially, you need to configure the scan to Email function on your printer’s embedded web server (EWS). Almost all Xerox VersaLink printer models use SMTP to send Emails across IP networks. After configuring the function, you can perform the scan to Email operation from the printer control panel. The step-by-step instructions given below will guide you in setting up and performing the scan to Email operation. Before you start the scan to Email setup, gather the following information:
- Email account details, such as an address and password.
- Get your Email service provider’s connection type and security information.
- Xerox printer’s IP address. To obtain the IP address of your printer, print a configuration page.
Printing A Configuration Report Of Your Printer
- Turn on your Xerox VersaLink printer.
- Access the printer’s home screen by pressing the Home button.
- From the Home screen, select Device > About > Information Pages > Configuration Report. Now, your printer will start to print its configuration report.
- Note down the IP address of your printer from the report.
- Continue to perform Xerox Versalink scan to Email Function.
Step 1: Configuring The Primary Network
If you’re using an optional Wi-Fi adapter for the connectivity, then first, you need to configure the primary network. Follow the below instructions to perform the same.
- From your printer’s Home screen, log in to the printer account with admin rights.
- To do so, press the Log In button available on your printer control panel.
- Select the Admin option.
- In the opened window, type your printer account password.
- Tap the OK button. (Note: You can also use the printer’s embedded web server to log in to your account as an administrator. To know how scroll down this page.)
- Once you have signed into your printer account with admin rights, select the Device option, followed by Connectivity.
- In the Connectivity window, select the Primary Network option.
- Now, based on your connectivity type, choose the appropriate one from the network list.
- For example, if your printer is connected to the network over an Ethernet connection, then choose Ethernet.
- Select the Restart Now option, as prompted on the printer screen.
Step 2: Configuring The Scan To Email Recipient
Note: The below instructions are suitable only for the users who utilize a third-party provider for Xerox Versalink scan to Email Setup.
- Open a browser on your computer.
- Type the printer’s IP address in the search field.
- Now, the Xerox VersaLink printer’s EWS page will open.
- Click on the Log In button available in the top right corner of the page.
- In the admin dialog box, type your printer’s account password in the given field and click Log In.
- Now, you will be signed into your printer’s EWS page as an administrator.
- Go to the Connectivity tab.
- Select the SMTP option.
- In the opened window, check whether the Email Submission feature is selected.
- If not, select it.
- Similarly, check whether the Email Alerts option is selected. If not, select it.
- Now, in the given field, type the Email address that you wish to configure.
- Similarly, enter your Email account’s SMTP server, SMTP, and connection security details in the given fields.
- Make sure to enter the SMTP port number correctly in the given field.
- Finally, click OK > OK.
Congratulations! You have successfully configured the scan to Email function on your Xerox VersaLink printer.
Performing Scan To Email
- Turn on your Xerox VersaLink printer. Make sure that you place the document to be scanned on the printer.
- From the Home screen, choose Email.
- Select or type the Email address to which you wish to send a copy of the scanned document.
- Tap Send.
- Now, your Xerox printer will start to scan the placed document.
- Once the scanning is completed, a copy of it will be Emailed to the selected or entered Email address.
To get remote assistance in performing the Xerox VersaLink scan to Email operation, contact us.