Usually, most of the printers require a specific scanner driver to be installed on the computer to perform the scan operation from the computer. You can also scan your document from the printer’s control panel options.
Note: The steps given here might vary based on your printer or scanner model. So, you can refer to your printer’s user manual for the exact scanning steps.
Steps to scan a document on the printer:
- Turn on your computer and the scanner. Make sure both the devices are connected properly.
- Place the original document facing down to the scanner glass.
- Open the Start menu on your computer (Windows).
- Type Fax and scan in the search bar.
- Click on Windows Fax and Scan to open the app on your computer.
- Select New Scan, which is in the upper left of the Fax and Scan window. Now you will view a new window.
- Look for your scanner name on the top of the window. If you can’t, find your scanner name, click on Change and then select your scanner name when listed.
- Select the kind of document you will scan by clicking Profile. A drop-down will be shown and you have to select the type of document.
- Select whether you are about to scan in color or black & white by clicking the color format.
- You can even modify the document before you start the scanning process.
- Before proceeding, preview the document.
- Click on the Scan option at the bottom of the window.
Finally know how to scan a document on a printer, for assistance regarding the steps to scan a document on a particular printer model, click the Call button you see on this page.