Canon Pixma Scan To Computer
Two Methods To Scan On A Canon Pixma Printer
- Scanning from the computer
- Scanning from the Control Panel of the Canon Pixma printer
You are going to read the two simple methods to scan to the computer using the Canon Pixma printer.
Method 1: Scanning From The Computer
If you wish to scan from the computer, you can do it with the Canon IJ Scan Utility (Windows XP, 7, 8.1, and 8).
- Download the IJ Scan Utility from the official Canon support page.
- Open the support page for the Canon Pixma printer and continue to know How To Perform Canon Pixma Scan To Computer.
- Click on the Drivers & Downloads tab.
- Select the Operating System from the Operating System drop-down list.
- Scroll down and click on the Utilities tab.
- Click the Download button.
Let us see the steps to scan using the Canon IJ scan utility in Windows 8.1 and 8.
- Search for the IJ Scan Utility on your computer and open the application.
- When the window opens, make sure that the printer is selected in the Product Name drop-down list.
- Ensure that the printer is turned on and continue reading to know How To Perform Canon Pixma Scan To Computer.
- Open the Auto Document Feeder on the printer and place the original document you want to scan (printed side facing down).
- Click the Settings button and make necessary changes (paper size, resolution, etc.) based on your scanning requirements.
- Click the Auto button, and the scanning will begin.
Method 2: Scanning From The Control Panel
- You need to make sure that the Canon Pixma printer is set up properly.
- Make sure that the Canon printer is properly connected to the computer through the USB cable. If you are using wireless settings, configure them properly.
- Ensure that the printer is turned on.
- Place the original document in the ADF.
- Press the Scan button and continue reading to know How To Perform Canon Pixma Scan To Computer.
- The Scan menu will be displayed on the screen.
- Use the navigation buttons on the printer and select the Save to option; press the OK button.
- Use the navigation buttons and select the computer to which you wish to send the scanned data.
- Press the OK button.
- If connected through USB, select the Local (USB) option.
- Select the Document type and press the OK button.
- Press the appropriate button to proceed with the scan.
You can follow one of the two described methods mentioned on this page to scan to the computer using the Canon Pixma printer. In case you have any queries or need further clarifications about How To Perform Canon Pixma Scan To Computer operation, click the CALL button on this page for remote assistance from us.