Check the following before proceeding to troubleshoot the scanner error:
- Make sure to turn ON your scanner. The scanner without power can also lead to this error message.
- Ensure there is no issue with the network connection.
Steps to fix Brother Printer scanner error 9923
Method 1: Restart the scanner.
- Turn ON your Brother printer and unplug the power cables from the outlet while the printer is ON.
- Wait for 40 to 50 seconds before you start with the fixing.
- Now, plug back the power cable and make sure to connect the power cable directly to the wall outlet.
- Wait for the printer to turn ON. In case the printer is not turned on yet, press the power button on the printer's control panel to turn on the printer.
- Wait for the printer to complete the restart process and check the LCD screen to ensure that the error gets resolved.
Method 2: Reinstall the printer driver.
- Click on the Apple icon on your device and navigate to System and Preference.
- Choose the Printers and Scanners option under the System and Preferences section.
- Now, hold down the Control key and click on the Brother printer icon on the left side.
- From the menu, click on the Reset Printing System tab.
- Open Application, go to Brother, and run the Mac Brother Uninstaller.
- Restart your Mac and make sure to download and install the latest version of the printer software from our website.
If you find the Brother printer scanner error 9923 even after performing the given steps, then contact our support team by clicking the call button on the screen for any further assistance.